Coaching in today’s time is a well paid job compared to old times because a lot of money has been coming in now because of the popularity of the sport in our country, as a result lot of new jobs have been created which is good for coaches who makes coaching as their career after their playing days. Every department of the game has opportunities created like for batsman there’s a batting coach, for fast bowlers, there’s a fast bowling coach, for spinners, there’s a spin bowling coach, for fielding, there’s a fielding coach, apart from these roles there are roles for physios, trainers, masseurs which makes the cricketers fit and healthy, even umpiring and scorers job have become a very well paid job. One more new job which has been created is the job of being a throw-down specialist with side arm which is very difficult to master consistently.
The Average Salary for a Coach ranges from 20,000 a month and it can go upto 1 lakh a month for a Top Level/Division Club or an academy. All the IPL coaches make money in upwards of 50 lakhs+ a year, our very own Ravi Shastri takes home around 8 crores a year as the Head Coach of India and even a State Level Coach’s salary ranges from around 20 to 35 lakhs a year varying on the association.
Various earning prospects at Various levels for a Coach-
- Local Level at Club & Academies (MCA Level O)- Average Income/Salary 15,000-45,000/- a month.
- If Hired by Any Cricket Association as a Coach for U14, U16, U19 Teams– Average Salary ranges from 12 to 15 lakhs a year.
- State Level Coach (Level A exams by BCCI)- Average Salary Ranges from 24 to 35 lakhs a year+ Extra Bonus if team wins a particular tournament.
- National level Coach- Average Salary 3 crores to 12 crores a year depending on the country.
- IPL Coach- 40lakhs to 1.5 crores a year