The Organizing P O L I C E S H I E L D Welcomes you all The 70th Police Invitation Shield Tournament 20 Sponsored by: Organizing Committee P O L I C E S H I E L D Welcomes you all To Police Invitation Shield Tournament 2017 – 2018 Sponsored by: Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
Total No of Overs : – One Day
Total No of Teams :- 16
Winging Matches : 3 League Matches
28th October, 2017
Mumbai Police Gymkhana
TOURNAMENT PARTICIPATION FOR-
RULES AND REGULATIONS –
The Police Invitation Shield Cricket Tournament in its 70th year will be played on League basis as per the recommendation of the Cricket Improvement Committee, M.C.A.
1) There are 16 teams divided into four groups.
2) There will be 4 teams in each group & each team will be playing 3 league matches.
3) The league matches will be of 70 over’s duration. There will be semi- finals between the topper of each group & The winners of semi-final will play against each other in the finals.
4) The finals will be of 3 days of 2 innings. The first inning will be of 90 over’s and the second innings will be of 40 over’s.
5) Hours of play and intervals shall be as follows: Saturdays : 1. 00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. 1st Session. 3.00 p.m. to 3.20 p.m. Tea Interval. 3.20 p.m to 5.20 p.m. 2nd Session. Sundays : 10.00 a.m. to 12.30p.m. 1st Session. 12.30 p.m. to 01.30 p.m. Lunch Interval. 01.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. 2nd Session. 3.30 p.m. to 3.50 p.m. Tea Interval. 3.50 p.m. to 5.35 p.m. 3rd Session. 4) Hours of play and intervals for the finals shall be as follows: 1st and 2nd day: 10.00 a.m. to 12.30p.m. 1st Session. 12.30 p.m. to 01.30 p.m. Lunch Interval. 01.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. 2nd Session. 3.30 p.m. to 3.50 p.m. Tea Interval. 3.50 p.m. to 5.35 p.m. 3rd Session. 3rd day : 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon 1st Session. 12.00 noon to 01.00 p.m. Lunch Interval. 01.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. 2nd Session. 3.00 p.m. to 3.20 p.m. Tea Interval. 3.20 p.m. to 4.40 p.m. 3rd Session. 5) All the Matches are to be played as per the New Model Rules of the Mumbai Cricket Association. Page – 9
6) Umpires will be appointed by the Board of Umpires of Mumbai Cricket Association. In case Umpires do not turn- up, the clubs shall appoint their own Umpires for the start to be made in time. Umpires coming late can officiate only with the permission of both the captains.
7) Score sheets will be supplied by the Police Shield Organizing Committee & should be sent immediately to Police Gymkhana office, after the match is over duly filled.
8) The balls will be supplied by the Organizing Committee and the Teams will have to play with the balls supplied and make it a point to return the old balls immediately after the matches are over.
9) All the match expenses must be settled immediately after the match is over.
10) Any complaint/ protest in connection with a match shall not be considered unless it is received by the Organizing Committee of the Police Invitation Shield Cricket Tournament in writing within two days of the match.
11) Clubs/ Gymkhanas participating in the Tournament are requested to place their ground & amenities pertaining there to the disposal of the Organizing Committee.
12) In all matters of dispute, the decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final and binding.