Ajit Ghosh T20 Women’s Tournament- Sneha Raorane (54), Manashre Gavande (60) & Jahnavi Kate (3 wkts, Pooja Shah (3wkts), Sakshi Gawade (3 wkts) sizzle on Day 2
In the match between Mumbai Police Gymkhana and Gay Cavalliers at Shivaji Park Dadar, Mumbai Police Gymkhana after opting to bat first registered a healthy total of 140/4 in 20 overs. The openers gave a brilliant start putting on 53 runs while opener Manashre Gavande converted her good start into a very crucial innings of 60 in mere 50 balls. It was a hard working innings where she smashed only 4 boundaries while she got some good support by Pallavi Bharadwaj at the middle order who scored 34 off mere 18 balls pushing the team towards a competitive total. From the bowlers, it was once again Jahnavi Kate being the pick of the lot taking 3/10 in 4 overs including a maiden.
Gay Cavaliers who displayed some solid batting in their previous match found it difficult to give a fightback this time managing only 27/9 in 14 overs before Mumbai Police team were adjudged winners on the basis of better run rate.
Other Matches of Day 2-
- Kamat Memorial vs Payyade SC
- Venue– Mahim Juvenile
- Toss-Kamat Memorial Elect to bat first
- Kamat Memorial-72/10 in 18.4 overs, Riya Salunkhe 27, Nidhi Dawda 27, Nilofer Nayak-2/18
- Payyade SC-73/5 in 12.5 overs, Esha Oza 28*
- Result- Payyade SC win by 5 wkts
- Man of the Match- Esha Oza
Other match of Day 2
- John Bright CC vs Dahisar SC
- Venue-SPG, Dadar
- Toss-Dahisar SC Elect to bat first
- Dahisar SC-110/6 in 20 overs, Sneha Raorane- 54 off 53 ( 7 fours), Tanaya Chaudhary-2/8, Riddhi Kotecha-2/19
- John Bright CC-92/all out in 19.1 overs, Sakshi Gawade (3/19), Pooja Shah (3/20)
- Result-Dahisar SC win by 18 runs
- Man of the Match-Sneha Raorane
It was a brilliant innings by Sneha who laid the foundation for her team with a solid half century at the top of the order. It was an equally good contribution by the Dahisar SC bowlers Pooja and Sakshi who chipped in with 3 wkts each at crucial junctures to restrict John Bright CC to a low total.