Into the final match of the season for the B Division Group, Parsee Gymkhana after being put to bat first were restricted to 141/all out in 68.5 overs. Nikhil Patil with 40 runs was the highest scorer while the rest of the batters found it difficult to get going. From the bowlers, it was a mix of two generations piercing through the Parsee Gymkhana’s batting line up as leg break bowler Pravin Tambe and left arm spinner Karsh Kothari took 9wkts between themselves. 23yr old Karsh took 4/37 in 25 overs while 47yr old Pravin Tambe took 5/42 in 22.5 overs. Both the bowlers though with varying styles and coming from different schools of cricket were effective in their own ways as DY Patil were in a strong position.
Chasing 145, DY Patil wanted to win in style and openers Kaustub Pawar and Subbu ensured that they indeed seal a win in a dominating fashion on their homeground. KP (43 off 51) and Subramanian Doriaswamy (64 off 33) gave a 105 run 1st wicket stand in mere 12.5 overs. Subramanian especially proved to be in a different mood altogether hitting 5 fours and 5 sixes at a strike rate of 200.00 leading from the front as a captain of the team.
DY Patil eventually declared their team at 144/6 in 20 overs winning the match on 1st innings lead. With this win they win the B Division Kanga League earning the champions tag while they also get promoted to the A Division of the iconic tournament.
Top 3 Run Getters-
- Aakarshit Gomel-326 runs in 6 innings @54.33 & strike rate of 79.13
- Krunal Nar-257 runs in 7 innings @42.83, Strike rate of 102.80
- Mohhamad Ishaque Shaikh-229 runs in 6 innings @45.80, Strike rate of 91.97
Top 3 wicket takers-
- Pravin Tambe-26wkts in 8 innings @9.00 and econ of 2.47
- Madhusudan Acharya-21wkts in 7 innings @21.00 @ econ of 3.46
- Karsh Kothari-19wkts in 8 email@example.com @ econ of 2.48
- Shamit Shetty-19 wkts in 8 innings