Into the all important finale of the prestigious CPCC Tournament for the U14 players, Payyade SC skipper Rudra Tank after opting to bat first at Oval Maidan were all out for a modest total of 147/10 in 66.1 overs. Most of the batsman found it difficult to get going while skipper Rudra showed some resistance with a gritty 45 to steer his team towards a somewhat respectable total. Left arm spinner Mohit Singh was the pick of the bowlers for Apollo CC firing at the right time as he came up with excellent bowling figures of 5/42 in 19 overs with 5 maidens.
Apollo CC after bowling nicely failed to convert their good performance while chasing as they were bundled out for 70 runs all out. It was a batting collapse for Apollo CC team as Medhankar Lavesh came up with a match winning spell of 4/12 with 10 maidens in 16.5 overs. The rest of the bowlers also gave good support as Payyade SC won the match on 1st innings lead.
With this win, Payyade SC also become the winners of the U14 CPCC tournament.
Top 3 Run Getters-
- Rudra Tank (Payyade SC)-332 runs in 4 innings @83.00
- Shreyash Hirlekar (Yogi CC)-197 runs in 2 innings @98.50
- Tejas Morey (Apollo CC)-185 runs in 5 innings @61.67
Top 3 Wicket-Takers
- Medhankar Lavesh (Payyade SC)-16 wkts in 6 innings @3.00
- Mohit Singh (Apollo CC)-11 wkts in 4 innings @11.00
- Aryan Mandavkar (Sainath SC)-11 wkts in 4 innings @13.00