Sumer Singh: Founder & Head Coach of M Power Cricket Academy in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is of the most upcoming cities of India and the cricketing as well as the overall sporting infrastructure in Ahmedabad is equally progressing every year. One such cricket academy which is contributing in improving the cricket infrastructure of Ahmedabad is MPower Cricket Academy in Ahmedabad.
Located at Navrangpura, Sardar Patel Stadium, Mpower Academy is led by the founder Sumer Singh who is also the Head Coach of M Power Academy. The academy boasts of a qualified coaching team right from the likes of Mr. Rakesh Yadav (Asst.Coach), Ms Sonal Shah (Sports Nutritionist), Haresh Ghogari (Asst.Coach), Dr. Hiren Patel (Physiotherapist) & Mr. Shah Rukh Khan (Fitness Trainer).
The academy boasts of all the modern facilities required for students to ensure quality cricket coaching. The academy also invites guest lectures from current and past cricketers to inculcate the right cricketing wisdom amongst the young lot of cricketers. Apart from that, MPower Cricket Academy aims to ensure an all-round development of a player which involves every aspects right from Civic Education, Nutrition, Diet & Fitness, Strength and game technique. Over the years many players from the academy have gone on to play higher levels of cricket at District and State Level.
Mpower Cricket Academy in Ahmedabad was founded in July 2010 under Coach Sumer Singh who has close to 3 decades of experience in the field of cricket. Coach Sumer Singh is an ECB & ICC Level 3 Certified Cricket Coach. Sumer Singh has also completed level-‘O’ cricket-coaching course organized by CBCA (Central Board of Cricket Ahmedabad) under the guidelines of NCA (National Cricket Academy) a subsidiary of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India).Coach Sumer has also been a professional cricketer himself with close to 2 decades of playing experience. As a professional cricketer, Sumer Singh has played in Birmingham Premier Division. Sumer has also played Premier Division Cricket in Ahmedabad between 1987 to 1991 while he has also played Nationals (SGFI) at U17 & U19 level representing Kendriya Vidyalaya School.
Brief Experience of Sumer Singh as Coach & Cricketer:
- Has Played in Birmingham Premier Division.
- Has played for 1st, 2nd & 3rd year for St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad.
- Has played Premier Division in Ahmedabad in the year 1987/88/89/90/91.
- Has also conducted various one to one coaching seasons for various age groups in U.K.
- Has played for Kendriya Vidyalaya at National Level (Under – 17 and Under – 19) Under the banner of SGFI ( School Games Federation of India).
- Played MIDWEEK for Bharat Sports Cricket Club at Coventry (Warwickshire – U.K.) in season 2008 and also coached the various age groups along with the Senior Team.
- Has played as a Paid Professional for Lohana Cricket Club, London in Middlesex Division-I, in year 1987/1988/1989 (With a contract for Coaching Cricket to various age groups).
- Has played as a Paid Professional for Stanmore Cricket Club, London in Middlesex A division (Minor Country) in year 1990/1991 (With a contract of coaching colts in various age groups).
- Has also conducted coaching assignments for various age groups (Boys/Girls) as well as the Senior Teams of Lohana / Millhill Cricket Club at London- Middlesex for years 2004/2005/2006/2008.
- Has played for West Indian Wanderers Cricket Club – Coventry Warwickshire (U.K.) in the year 2005/06/07/08 with Heading All Coaching sections of various age groups in boys and girls. Also coached the 1st Team and the 2nd Team (Seniors ) at the Club and coached the Senior Women’s Team as well.
More Pictures of the Academy: