Top Batsmen in MCA Senior Men’s Practice Matches’2020-21
Top Batsman in terms of Average in MCA Practice Matches:
- Suryakumar Yadav: 240 runs in 3 innings @240.00 & strike rate of 220.18 (Hitting the ball as if its just a normal routine for him. The form which Suryakumar Yadav has been in, its simply phenomenal)
- Sarfaraz Khan: 163 runs in 4 matches @81.50 & strike rate of 203.50 (Once again Sarfaraz proves he is one vital cog in the shortest format too for Mumbai. Sarfaraz had all the shots in his book and played with great confidence. If his 33 ball 78* vs Team D is anything to go by, you can expect some good fireworks in this upcoming season.
- Sagar Mishra: 79 runs in 2 innings @79.00 & strike rate of 106.67
(The all-rounder who last played his domestic level match in 2015 has since then performed in all the top division tournaments including in T20 Mumbai. Sagar with some good all-round performance in practice matches just made the case stronger for his contentions.
- Akash Parkar- 74 runs in 3 innings @74.00 & strike rate of @160.81
Akash in whatever chances he has recieved has smashed quick unbeatean cameos down the order. The tall and powerful batsman can easily clear any ground with his brute strength and his strike rate of 160+ in 3 innings is quite a testimony.
- Shivam Dube: 114 runs in 3 matches @57.00 & strike rate of 183.87 (Mumbai is one team where all-rounders certainly have a healthy competition to make it into the playing XI. Shivam Dube- the hard hitting Indian all-rounder smashed a 23 ball 49 and chipped in with cameos in other 2 innings too)
- Yashashvi Jaiswal: 164 runs in 4 matches @54.67 & strike rate of 200.00 (Yashasvi has been enjoying a purple patch since last 2 seasons and nothing has changed since then. Jaiswal smashed an electrifying ton to probably seal his spot while also took on the bowlers with absolute disdain)
- Bhupen Lalwani: 54 runs in 1 match @54.00 & strike rate of 142.10
(Bhupen has been performing for Mumbai at all age groups. In the only match he got to play Bhupen came up with an impressive half century vs a quality bowling attack. Bhupen despite playing for Mumbai at all levels has been working hard to make it into the shorter formats.)
- Aakarshit Gomel: 122 runs in 4 innings @40.67 & strike rate of 152.50
(A solid batsman who proved he can be equally lethal with the white ball. Whether its T20 Mumbai, DY Patil T20 or the current T20 practice matches, Gomel has played at a great strike rate and has proved to be one dependable opener in T20’s.)
- Raunaq Sharma– 67 runs in 2 innings @33.50 & Strike Rate of 128.53
Raunaq who is known to clear the ropes easily displayed his stroke making abilities smashing 5 sixes en-route his 42 ball 54 on 22nd Dec. In 2 matches he played, he came up with one half century.
- Shubham Ranjane: 100 runs in 3 innings @33.33 & strike rate of 133.33 (Shubham with his cameos down the order has always been one utility cricketer for Mumbai. His last ball boundary to help Mumbai win last season in Mushtaq Ali is a testimony. In the 3 practice matches, the all-rounder has averaged above 30.00)
- Kevin Almeida: 80 runs in 3 innings @26.67 & strike rate of 126.98 (Even though the left-hander was off to a shaky start in his first few matches, Kevin proved his mettle with a fine 61 off 43 balls to help team C win by 3 wickets.
- Siddhesh Lad: 102 runs in 4 innings @25.50 & strike rate of 141.67
With 17 runs in 3 innings, Lad looked a bit rusty until he came up with a 47 ball 85 on 24th Dec at Wankhede which took his tally to 100+ runs in 4 innings.
- Hardik Tamore – 73 runs in 3 innings @24.33 & Strike Rate of 123.53
Tamore who had an impressive journey last season for Mumbai Ranji Team scored a solid 63 opening the innings off 51 balls which had 4 sixes vs Team A on 24th Dec at Wankhede. An innings which helped Team B win by 30 runs.
Link for MCA Practice Matches Stats: